Monday, February 13, 2012

Stash Bustin'

Photobucket

So, here's what you do when you get a leeeetle tired of the square, and oh, did I tell you that I have a hideous green ball of yarn as big as my husband's head? Oh, yes, yes I do.I have made it my mission in life to use almost every strand of it. I picked a beanie pattern thinking that it would surely use up every last stitch of that ball of yarn....6 days later I finished the "man-hat" which really fits my 8 year old and would probably cut off the circulation in an adult's head.

The hideous green ball is still bigger than ever though! This beanie didn't even put a dent in that scary acrylic demon. I am still fighting the good fight and debating if I should attempt making mittens...did I tell you that one time I was trying to make fingerless gloves at four in the morning and it was the worst project I've ever attempted? (Guess we can save that story for a rainy day.)

Anyways, here's the pattern info for the beanie. Enjoy!

http://knitalonetogether.blogspot.com/2010/11/man-hat-here.html

2 comments: