Friday, February 10, 2012

Week in Rambles

Well hello there again. First off, let me say, that for some unknown reason, this has been a very LOOOOONG week. Can I get a fist pump for the weekend? Please and thank you.

Last Saturday was our annual Blue and Gold banquet for Cub Scouts. I'm an active volunteer for my boys' pack. It has been the very best quality time with my boys and I have made so many really great friends. Blue and Gold is a banquet that the packs put on every year in their own way, to celebrate the birthday of Boy Scouts of America. Usually we choose that night to honor all of our parent volunteers, because believe me, the work is hard and they definitely deserve those shout outs!

This is set-up/when people started arriving. The littlest cubs made the place mats.
The oldest boys (Webelos) made these little google eyed monsters for the tables.
MTV is the cubmaster. He oversees all the pack activities and ensures that the den leaders are succeeding in the boys' progression through the ranks. Goose (Native oldest) is preparing to do a flag ceremony to open the event.

This was the first year in a few years that I was not in charge of running the event. It made me nervous to give control over to other people and "pass the torch", with that said, those people did a wonderful job and I am feeling more confident in putting leadership in their hands!

Another celebration was my dad's birthday. Happy Birthday Dad!

I also joined my first knitting group, a KAL (knit-a-long). Year of Swatches for 2012!
Here is my first piece:


It's actually Kelly Green, but this shows the pattern off well.

In other news, this week was really looooong. Here's hoping the weekend feels the same way!

No comments:

Post a Comment