Friday, January 20, 2012

When the Sky Falls..


Well, first off, let me say...my last week installment was put off due to family being in town.

My father in law was having a surgery followed by a biopsy and all the siblings flew home to cheer him on.

Victory was his on Saturday, when the doctor called and informed him that his biopsy came back clean.

To celebrate his brother and him flew to Vegas to enjoy a gun show. When they left, the sky fell...


and we were in a SNOWPACALPSE!

Living in the very wet NW we are NOT, I tell you N-O-T, NOT, suited for this snow stuff. I actually got a mid-week break because the roads were so bad....I can't say I hated it.

After the snowmeggedon we were attacked by freezing rain, which sounds harmless enough, except that the weight from the freezing rain caused trees to snap and break.

It was beautiful chaos, I stood outside late last night and listened to the quietness that a blanket of snow gives with the popping and snapping of trees every 30 seconds or so. They were loud as firecrackers and I watched around me in fascination as the world crashed around our home.

Many people have lost power, and if there is one thing I love about this house right now is that we still have it.

My father in law's flight has been cancelled until Sunday...I have a feeling his return will bring back some warmer weather...please?

No comments:

Post a Comment